Lead Web Application Developer
- Provide technical product ownership in micro frontend architecture and developer ergonomics.
- Co-lead a team of 15+ front end developers writing web applications serving ~20M monthly active users.
- Coordinated the upgrade of 30+ user-facing JSTOR applications to new Django and Python versions with no down time.
- Identified infrastructure cost reductions and non-profit vendor discounts, saving over $50K annually.
- Created, released, and oversaw maintenance of apiron, ITHAKA's first actively-maintained open source software.
- Worked with design, brand, and product development to define the direction and lead the implementation of the Pharos design system.
- Built an internal code and architecture documentation system using Sphinx, and built a mind map to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing.
- Worked with engineering leadership to create diversified avenues for team learning and discussion, resulting in mentorship groups, open office hours, and recurring tech talk spaces.