Lead Web Application DeveloperITHAKA2018–2019
- Manage development, releases, and communications for apiron, an open source package. Collaborate with legal team to determine licensing and privacy obligations.
- Promote strong development practices around testing, automation, and continuous delivery.
- Encourage development teams to submit blog posts, talk proposals, and cross-team presentations for knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with quality assurance team to improve automated testing infrastructure.
Web Application DeveloperITHAKA2014–2018
- Rotate in regularly to manage incident response for system outages.
- Collaborate with design and marketing to create Build Smarter, an online presence for technical writing.
- Participate in the interview and feedback process for internships and development team hires.
- Help lead a multiple-team effort to overhaul our front-end UI toolset.
- Transition and port existing feature sets from legacy architecture to new architecture.
- Champion transition to HTTPS for all user-facing pages sitewide.
Software Development Engineer IIThermo Fisher Scientific (Previously Life Technologies)2014
- Collaborate with scientists to develop a working understanding of genomics and molecular biology concepts.
- Transition bioinformatics methods into operational software product offerings.
- Analyze and improve performance of big data storage and querying during data processing.
Software Development Engineer IILife Technologies (Previously Compendia Bioscience)2013–2014
- Integrate third-party data analysis and visualization products with proprietary big data sets.
- Design, build, and maintain internal tools to support data curation and research.
Software Development EngineerCompendia Bioscience2012–2013
- Maintain and execute data processing pipeline software.
Software Development EngineerSAIC2011–2012
- Apply signal processing algorithms to telemetry data for human interpretation.
- Augment telemetry prediction systems to account for additional considerations.
- Develop, iterate on, and integrate rules for telemetry inference engines.
Software Engineering InternSAIC2010–2011
- Maintain legacy C/C++ applications.
- Build a graphical interface for an existing command-line application.